We need help! Our shop manages to run with a shoestring staff. I like to think of us as Lucy and my merry band of Ethels. Quite frankly, I need another Ethel. Speaking on behalf of the current Ethels, they are tired. I have been working them to a nub, and have been instructed to go out and find a new helper.
As many of you are already aware, we aren’t just any ol’ yarn shop. This is a very special place.
The ideal candidate…
- loves meeting and helping people
- can knit, no need to be an expert but needs at least basic knitting skills
- retail experience a plus
- sense of humor required
- can work weekdays
This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
We have a really good time here! Most of our days are spent:
- assisting customers with purchases, this is not a self-service box store
- helping customers with their projects
- restocking the shop and keeping it looking good (that’s code for cleaning)
and you never know what kooky projects and hair-brained ideas I’ll come up with each week. It’s never a dull moment!
Contrary to popular belief, we do NOT sit around and knit all day. Our knitting bags stay at home, including mine.
If you’d like to join us, send me an email (email@example.com). Tell me a little about yourself, and what days you’d be available to work.
Join our team, and come along for one heck of a wild ride!