It’s a great time for a Knit-a-Long! Rowan’s spring KAL is getting ready to launch, featuring this colorful Elder Throw from lead designer Lisa Richardson.
There is so much about this project to love:
- Perfect for a broad range of experience levels. If you can cast on, purl, knit and bind off then you can do this! Experienced knitters will also find so much to enjoy.
- No need to purchase all of the yarn at once. Buy what you need, as you need it. Dye lots are not important with a project like this.
- Rowan will have instructional video support available online every step of the way. We will also virtually be here for additional help if needed.
- The throw builds as you progress from week to week with a variety of different stitches and techniques including garter stitch mitered squares, simple lace, texture and stitch patterns suitable for all.
Want to create your own color scheme? We stock all forty-eight shades of Rowan Felted Tweed DK and will be happy to work with you to put together custom color options.
- 50% wool, 25% viscose, 25% alpaca
- 50gm/191yd (175m)
- 22-24sts/4″ – size 5-6 (3.75-4mm) needle – DK/Sport
Ask any Rowan fan for their favourite yarn and there’s a good chance it’ll be Felted Tweed. Spun in a light DK weight, with a beautiful tweed effect and an amazing 40 colours to choose from, it’s a Fair Isle knitter’s dream. But that’s not all. The magical combination of 50% lightly-felted wool, 25% viscose and 25% alpaca makes it supremely blockable and a gorgeous option for lacework as a result. Or knit it in garter stitch for a drapey, squishable fabric that is cosy, but light and easy to wear. Choose from nature-inspired shades ranging from cool watery tones to warming cherry red and fiery ginger and prepare to fall in love! Now available in special colourways chosen by world-renowned designers Kaffe Fassett and Dee Hardwicke.
Learn more about the project from designer Lisa Richardson: