Today Keely and Jeannie are live from Vegas where they are attending the apparel market and finding hot fall fashions to bring home (Keely swears she isn’t going to sell shoes!) After sharing some of what they’re up to in Vegas, Keely also shares that the new fall class schedule is open for registration. You can find more details below!
For our crocheters, Jeannie will be teaching you how to make the Sunflower Tote, a fun twist on the granny square with sunflower motifs combined to make a fun little tote! Worked with Rowan Summerlite DK.
For our technique classes we’ll be repeating some of the techniques we covered in the spring and summer, and adding some new topics for fall! You can sign up for classes at learn.swakknit.com! Here’s what we’ll be offering throughout the fall:
- Brioche Basics: Learn the basics of brioche knitting. Brioche can be intimidating, but our insights on understanding the process and instructions will guide to success!
- Granny Squares: Granny squares are all the rage right now gracing the cover of Vogue Magazine and more! Learn the basics of granny square making. Basic crochet skills required.
- Intro to Intarsia: If you ever wanted to learn picture knitting, now’s your chance! Learn the basics of intarsia knitting. This introductory class will cover interlocking, adding new yarns, ending tails, and working in ends.
- Pompoms and Tassels: Pompoms and tassels add the perfect finishing touch to so many accessories! Cool tools make the process so much simpler, with beautiful results. No knitting or crochet experience needed!
- Error Correction: Mistakes happen, but we can help you learn how to fix them like a pro!
- Short Rows: Add shape and movement to knitted pieces with short rows! Multiple methods will be presented including the basic wrap & turn, Japanese, German, and shadow wrap.
- Tunisian Crochet: Tunisian crochet is making a comeback and if you’ve always wanted to learn you can in this basics class with Jeannie!
- Fair Isle: Want to learn how to knit colorwork? Learn this traditional stranded method of working with color.
We hope you’ll join us for some fun this fall!