A holiday tradition, courtesy of my Aunt Sandy.–Keely
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 15 marshmallows (regular, not mini)
- 2 small (or 1 large) package cherry Jello
- 2 cups grated applies (approx. 2 apples)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2-3 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Combine cranberries, sugar, water, and marshmallows in a large saucepan, and heat until melted.
Add cherry Jello, dissolve and cool.
Add apples, celery and nuts.
Transfer to 9×9 Pyrex pan (or gelatin mold) and refrigerate until firm.