Today we’re so excited to share with you the beautiful Autumn/Winter launch of the new Rowan Yarns Collection. As with everything these days, nothing is quite normal. Today we’re going to share the new pattern collections with you. The newest yarns were delayed slightly due to the pandemic, so those will premiere next month on October 1. For now, check out the new pattern collections and browse the shop; we’d love to help you plan your next project! Also, if you’re local or eager for a road trip, don’t miss our next event, Fashion Show on the Prairie, a socially-distanced evening where you can see and touch all the new Rowan samples and yarns.
Rowan Magazine 68 features 41 designs broadly categorized into three stories/themes for this Autumn and Winter crafting.
- SEAMLESS: The focus is truly seamless design, incorporating top down and in-the-round with designs shaped in a way seams are not necessary. All designs include interesting construction and unusual shapes, elegantly designed using textured cables and colorwork. Yarns featured: Felted Tweed, Felted Tweed Aran, Alpaca Classic.
- HOMEWEAR BY ERIKA KNIGHT: Making her return to Rowan, Erika has designed a comfortable collection of hand knits inspired by the ‘hygge’ feeling of coming home. Soft, brushed and lofty wools combined with plant based linens and cottons for drape and durability, knitted in textures of ribs, stripes, and woven style stitches, these designs celebrate the tactility of hand knitting to create modern pieces in which to cocoon, wrap, and feel present. Knitted in neutral tones of warm beige and stone with shades of teal, highlights of chartreuse and a pop of orange. Yarns featured: Big Wool, Felted Tweed, Felted Tweed Aran, Alpaca Classic, Brushed Fleece, Creative Linen.
- CITY TWEED: A relaxed collection of eight designs by Martin Storey featuring Felted Tweed. Wait until you see this collection!
This Autumn/Winter there are three new publications arriving to support the MODE at Rowan collection:
- MODE at Rowan Collection Three: Collection Three features 14 new designs in MODE’s signature stylish hand knitwear. Yarns featured: Alpaca Classic, Alpaca Soft DK, Big Wool, Brushed Fleece
- The Bloggers Edit: This is a brand new collection of twelve exclusive handknit designs from MODE at Rowan bloggers: Tiam Safari, Katharaina Von Blumenthal, Samantha Hall, and Lily Kate France. Yarns featured: Kid Classic, Big Wool, Alpaca Classic, Kidsilk Haze, and Brushed Fleece.
- 4 Projects-Haze: This collection features 4 projects from Quail Studio including a puff sleeve sweater, a high neck sweater, a lace cardigan, and a scarf, all designed in Haze yarns: Kid Classic, Kidsilk Haze, Cashmere Haze
This year we have 4 new designer publications that we’re excited about!
- Carousel: Celebrating stranded colorwork worked mainly in the round. A collection of wearable accessories inspired by traditional Nordic and Folkloric patterning from Martin Storey, featuring Rowan’s Alpaca Soft DK.
- Arne & Carlos New Nordic Unisex: This New Nordic Unisex Collecition is inspired by traditional Norwegian Acanthus ornmentation used in Norwegian folk art, as seen in wood carving, rosemaling (rose painting), and as decorations in Arne & Carlos’s 1,000 year old stave church home. Yarns featured: Felted Tweed, Alpaca Classic, Kidsilk Haze.
- My London: My London is an accessories collection by Georgia Farrell of geometric textured knits inspired by the architecture of London using a bold and dynamic color palette. You’ll find a mix of timeless wearable pieces and bold statement pieces contrasting textures, angular shapes, abstract traveling cables and slip stitch details in Georgia’s signature style. Yarns featured: Alpaca Classic and Alpaca Soft DK
- Classic Tweed Style: Do you love tweed? Classic Tweed Style is a collection of 8 designs by Quail Studio, featuring Rowan’s Valley Tweed.
Rounding out the Autumn/Winter Collection are three more publications focused on specific yarns1 and projects!
- Arne & Carlos Cushion Collection: Influenced by Arne Carlos’s rich textile heritage and reimagined using classic and contemporary colorways. Four floral and four geometric patterns, which can either be used with a plain cushion back or paired front and back for a spectacular effect. The collection also includes Arne & Carolos cushions featured in Magazine 65. Yarn featured: Softyak DK.
- 4 Projects – Island Blend: From Quail Studio, this mini-collection features 4 projects to knit with Rowan’s Island Blend: socks, crew/v-neck sweater, snood, and a beanie.
- 4 Projects – Big Wool Brights: Also from Quail Studio, this mini-collection features 4 projects to knit with Rowan’s Big Wool, with some new, brighter colors for this season. Featured projects include: sweater with entrelac sleeve, cabled shawl collared jacket, beanie, and snood.