I’m back from Mexico! More on that in a minute.
While I was away, Lori was attacked by her mule. No, I can’t make stuff like this up. She was taking his harness thingy off (sorry, I’m a city girl) and next thing she knew she was on the ground. She fractured her collar bone in multiple places and is having surgery today. She will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks.
This happened in the middle of my vacation, and mom and Anna held down the fort until I got back. I think I need to make them t-shirts that say “I survived Mexico Vacations 2012.”
I have had a few days to ponder what to do in Lori’s absence. While I can be an amazing organizer, juggler, and work-a-holic, I came to the realization that I am going to need help in her absence.
So if you are interested in a fun temporary position, here is what I am looking for:
- Enthusiastic, energetic person who is familiar with our store. Not as in “yeah, I’ve heard of that place.” I need someone who shops here enough to be familiar with our merchandise, classes, happenings, etc.
- Knitting knowledge required. Need not be an expert (we have that covered), but proficient enough to help beginners and others with basic questions.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Comfortable with using a computer, preferably a Mac person. While I may tend to poke fun at the PC folks from time to time, we do not discriminate. It would just be helpful if you don’t freak when you see an Apple. Trying to minimize computer training.
- Hours and days are pretty flexible. I definitely need someone on Saturdays and a few days during the week.
If you don’t meet all of the above criteria but are interested, please give me a shout. I really need help and will consider all options. The only things I really can’t budge on are knowing how to knit and being familiar with our store.
Interested? Call me at 282.8649, email me, or just stop by. I’m not going anywhere.
Despite all of the drama back home, Mexico was fabulous. We had a wonderful time and can’t wait to go back.
I’ll be back soon to show you all of the fun things that arrived in my absence!